JC Code & Construction Consultants, Inc. is approved by the Florida Building Commission as an Advanced Continuing Education Course Accreditor. We accredit commercial and residential courses with a quick turnaround of 3 to 5 days.
We accredit live and online classes under the following Florida Code Volumes:
- Existing Building
- Fuel Gas
- Swimming Pools & Spas
Information on submittal requirements is listed below. Use the “Contact Us” form or call John directly at 561-662-6545 to discuss your specific needs.
The Advanced Course Syllabus Requirement
Training providers are responsible for developing a course syllabus for each advanced course that goes through the Florida Building Commission’s accreditation process. This syllabus, according to Florida Administrative Code (FAC) Rule 61G20-6.002, must contain certain elements and must be submitted along with the actual course materials for review* by the accreditor.
The format of the syllabus is as follows:
- Course title/number. The term “advanced” and, if appropriate, “internet”
- Hours of credit
- Name, address, telephone number and email address of the provider
- Course description completely describing what the particular course is designed to address
- Course/learning objectives
- Course time allotments for course content
- Course outline/instructional methods – Detailed description of course content in sequence of how taught and methods used to teach content. The following instructional methods are authorized, but are not limited to:
* Exercises, quizzes, discussion groups, reading assignments, projects, simulations, and presentations.
- Code edition to which the course relates
- Course references cited in the outline
- Method of course evaluations
- A minimum of 50% of the actual training materials content shall be related to the Florida Building Code or Florida Statutes or rules related to the Florida Building Code
- Course materials shall accurately reflect the Florida Building Code and other topics under the jurisdiction of the Florida Building Commission
- Course materials provided to the student shall be provided to the Accreditor
*All course materials, (workbook, quizzes, multimedia presentation, syllabus, etc.) must be submitted through the Building Code Information System (BCIS) in PDF format. You must have an active BCIS account including a log-in and password. Use this link to set up an account and access the accreditation webpage: https://www.floridabuilding.org/ce/ce_default.aspx
If you wish to view the entire FAC Rule regarding accreditation,
click here: https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ChapterHome.asp?Chapter=61g20-6