Meet John Farinelli….
- 40 years’ experience in the construction field
- 25 years’ in building code administration as a building inspector, plan reviewer and building official in the State of Florida
- ICC Master Code Professional
- 28 International Code Council (ICC) certifications
- F.S. 468 Licensed building code administrator, plans examiner and inspector in all disciplines
- F.S. 633 Licensed Fire Inspector I
- F.S. 489 Registered building contractor
- LEED AP
This experience has been proven invaluable in providing code consulting services to developers, contractors, homeowners, architects, and engineers. As an educator, John has taught electrical apprenticeship classes, building code and fire code continuing education seminars along with providing municipal support services to numerous governmental offices.
As a contract instructor, John was retained by the International Code Council Global Services Division to assist the emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE in developing their national building codes as the non-structural team leader. He also assisted in the reorganization of the building and development services department while developing and instructing building code training programs.
His UAE assignments varied from 3 to 9 months. He has also been to several other locations throughout the world to teach continuing education.
Organizations John is a member of:
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Building Officials Association of Florida (BOAF)
- Building Officials Association of Palm Beach County (BOAFPBC)
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
- Florida Fire Marshals and Inspectors Association (FFMIA)
- The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM)
John is married to his business partner Coleen Farinelli. They live in Wellington with their two dogs, Maggie May and Buddy. Between them they have 4 grown children and 5 grandchildren.